Our mission is to enhance the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of seniors—those who are at least 60 years old—through stimulating activities and programs.
The ministry has offered the following opportunities:
- Let’s Walk—A weekly exercise and walking program.
- #DC Tax Pop-Up—Discussions about home values, the assessment process, and programs to reduce property tax bills.
- All Hands-On Tech Support—Instructions on getting the most out of smartphones.
- Community Presentations and Workshops—Information on resources available in the community.
- Safe at Home—Programs to help make homes safe for aging in place.
Additionally, many of our seniors have attended programs such as Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser’s Older Americans Month Breakfast, the Annual Senior Symposium at Ballou High School, and the Annual Senior Holiday Celebration.
The Senior Ministry was initiated on January 18, 2019. The planning committee consists of Dena Bowen, Oretha Chandler, Ronald Taylor, and Alice Thompson.
The committee is seeking assistance from our senior members to help us focus on their needs and interests. The committee will use this feedback to build a vibrant ministry. If you have any program ideas or are interested in volunteering with the Senior Ministry, please send an email to email@example.com.
“Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green.”
(Psalm 92:14, NLT)